Students in Mark Lord's 2013 ENDGAMES course share resources and thinking here.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sarah Fischer's Introduction

I'm a senior at Bryn Mawr, with an English major and Russian minor. I read Waiting For Godot in high school, at the same time we were performing Rosencrantz & Guildenstern. As Mark mentioned last week, the parallels between the two plays are both intellectually striking and visually amusing. Yet at one point or another I found myself delving more into R&G rather than Waiting for Godot because I could locate R&G both historically and contextually, whereas I was at a loss for Beckett's background and other works.
In this class I hope to hone in more on Beckett's life, his inspirations, and his legacy. I'm looking forward to applying more of a theoretical lens to theater - something I've never done before - in order to glean more of an understanding of each piece. Additionally, I hope to learn more about directing, acting, and performance technique that could specifically apply to Beckett's works.

No comments:

Post a Comment