Students in Mark Lord's 2013 ENDGAMES course share resources and thinking here.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kat Littrell: An Introduction

Hi all! My name is Katherine Littrell (but I go by Kat for the sake of reducing confusion between Katherines). I'm a junior English major at Bryn Mawr with a creative writing concentration and a possible Theatre minor.

My prior theater experience is mostly to do with acting, though I also have dramaturgical and directorial experience. Mostly, I have worked with theater/plays from prior to 1800, so Beckett is a little different for me. I have studied Waiting For Godot before, but that's about as far as my Beckett experience goes.

Plays that have really changed my life include reading Othello, Schiller's Mary Stuart, Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, and seeing Sleep No More and Woody Harrelson's Bullet For Hitler.

From this class, I hope to achieve an appreciation of Beckett that I don't currently have, and gain more experience with modern theater.

Cheers,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment