Students in Mark Lord's 2013 ENDGAMES course share resources and thinking here.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Katherine Cunningham's Introduction

Hey Y'all!

I'm Katherine (I know some of you know me as Kat, however since we have another Kat in the class, I thought going by my full name would be easier).  I am a Bryn Mawr senior who is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Theatre. My experience with theatre has mostly been from a performer's viewpoint, with a bit on the directing side of things.  I've been involved with the theatre clubs on campus, and I was in the Nina Variations last semester.  I haven't really had much contact with Beckett other than Waiting for Godot.  I had the opportunity to read and discuss the play in Acting I in addition to performing a scene from the play.  As far as what I hope to get from the class...I'm not exactly sure yet, to be frank.  I guess I would have to say I hope that I get a broader exposure to and and a better understanding of Beckett's works, in addition to how they continue to influence the the art of playwriting and theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment