Students in Mark Lord's 2013 ENDGAMES course share resources and thinking here.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NOT I TAKE 2

I also had the text memorized before last class, but once people started saying their lines around me I lost track of my own since I did not have them as pinned down as I thought. I am making sure to memorize them this time with the speed and intesity that is required of Mouth.

I was struck by the differences in our approaches to Mouth last class. Jackie's Mouth was more internal first-sphere, and Jo focused primarily on the physicality of Mouth. I witnessed different approaches to the character that I would like to incorporate into my piece, and I think the "best" version of Mouth is a mix of Erin's intensity, Jackie's interiority, Jo's physicality, etc, etc. I am trying to absorb the highlilghts of each of our pieces to make Mouth a fuller character.

I am trying to find relationships between the different threads that Mouth juggles and I am finding that concrete images are more helpful for transitioning into a different train of thought. Although I imagine Mouth to function primarily in the second sphere I am also trying to find different flavors of this mental space. Some parts seem more directed towards herself, while others seem very externalized (what? who? No! SHE! SHE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment